Other cruise adventures in the area:
- Un-Cruise Adventures: Eight-day tours on the 88-passenger Legacy of Discovery are offered in spring and fall, with prices from $3,195. Adventure Life has a newly refurbished vessel the S.S. Legacy, cruising Northwest waters, traveling to Alaska and up the Columbia The ambiance aboard this 88-guest vessel emulates an early Victorian steamer with carved wooden cabinetry and a Grand Salon complete with a dance floor, full bar, and old-world charm.
- National Geographic Expeditions: Offered in association with Lindblad Expeditions, this small ship (62 guests), seven-day tour in the Sea Bird or Sea Lion brings along Zodiacs and kayaks for side explorations. Fares begin at $4,490 for fall sailings; 800-397-3348.
The Columbian has a good summary of The four major Columbia/Snake river cruise operators:
- American Cruise Lines
- American Queen Steamboat Co.
- National Geographic Expeditions
- UnCruise Adventures
2017 dates: Weekly from March through November with food and wine-themed cruise offered six times/year.
Ships: American Pride and Queen of the West.
Maximum occupancy: 120-150 passengers.
Rates: Beginning at $3,535 per person
2017 dates: Weekly from March 18 through Nov. 27 with wine-themed cruise offered twice/year
Ship: American Empress.
Maximum occupancy: 223 passengers.
Rates: Beginning at $2,699 per person.
2017 dates: Two departures weekly from Sept. 19 through Oct. 14.
Ships: Sea Lion and Sea Bird.
Maximum occupancy: 100 passengers.
Rates: Beginning at $4,890 per person.
2017 dates: April through November with Rivers of Wine cruise offered April 22, June 24, July 29, Aug. 5, Aug. 26, Oct. 14, Oct. 21.
Ship: S.S. Legacy.
Maximum occupancy: 88 passengers.
Rates: Beginning at $3,695 per person.
1. Portland Spirit:
Monday-Saturday year round on Portland Seawall
Boarding 11:30am, Cruising Noon-2:00pm
2. Portland Spirit Tours on the Explorer:
Daily June-September. Boarding at 8:15am cruising 8:30am-3:30pm
All Passengers from $94. The Explorer high speed boat goes from Portland through the Heart Of The Gorge, covering over 120 miles.
3. Columbia Gorge Sternwheeler:
2 hour cruise, Adults From $30
The Sternwheeler operates in Cascade Locks May-October and boards from Marine Park at Cascade Locks. It moves to Portland from November-April.
4. Willamette Jetboat Excursions:
– Tour 1: 2 HOUR, SCENIC TOUR $44.00
May 6 & May 7, 2:45 pm daily, May 13-June 16
June 17 – September 4, 11:45 am & 4:30 pm daily
September 5 – October 1, 2:45 pm daily
– Tour 2: 1 Hour. Downtown Bridge & Harbor Tour – Bridges, Shipyards and Portland Waterfront
Tuesdays, June 27 – August 29